Tuesday 15 September 2009

Handmade Cold Process Soap - Lavender


My latest creation is my Lavender Soap
I wanted a very mild fragrance but nice and natural, so my choice was Cold Process using Essential Oil and Naturally Dried Lavender. I wasn't sure at first if i was going to colour it but i have been dying to use the Alkanet i have, so i just jumped in!

The Alkanet was infused in oil until it was a nice deep colour then it was strained and mixed in the soap mixture.
It is great having a totally natural Soap :o)

*If you use natural colours infused in oil, like Alkanet, you must account for the oil in your recipe*

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie, this is Kim. :) Just linked you up to my blogger 'black_coffee'. My avatar is the one with the books and coffee cup.
    BTW your fantastic cold press soaps have totally converted me to the traditional cleaning ways!
    Hope the fair at Matching goes really well!
    Speak to you soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete